Monday, September 3, 2007

Does it count as IT?

Maybe. I love learning something new, so now I’m trying out geocaching. My husband and I purchased a Magellan eXplorist 500LE this weekend, installed an SD card and after several fits and starts, I finally have a folder of about a dozen caches located within ten miles from home loaded up. Going to take a short tour of the area this evening and try our luck at following coordinates and tiny onscreen maps. We decided to try this during the time of year that we are unlikely to have small people (the grandkids) joining us with their thousand and one questions! So maybe, just maybe, by the time they come for stayovers again, we might have a clue what we’re doing!
Looks to be fun! What have you tried out lately that was new to you? Take up the challenge – discover a new way to use technology in your “real” life, not just your school/work life!

No comments: