Today, I am actually IN with some time to research! And e-mails have been flying out of my box as I forward some links and articles to some of you. I'm so happy to be reading things that support our program!
Part of my reading is involving catching up on the blogs I make sometimes feeble attempts to follow. Here's a great quote for you from David Warlick's blog, 2cents Worth, August 6th:
"In most classrooms, we have done an excellent job, for many years, in teaching our children to be good consumers of content — good readers and learners. I believe that we must now become just as successful in teaching our children to become good and responsible producers of content, writers, artists, composers, etc. — good communicators. In the information age, it is information with which we will work, to fashion content products that have value, that entertains and teaches.
Rather than just making students information consumers, make them information artisans." (http://davidwarlick.com/2cents/, August 6th, 2007)
Wow. Information Artisans - I love the sound of that! True Learning. Can we become Information Artisans? Can we enable our students to do this?
No comments:
Post a Comment