Wednesday, April 23, 2008

We Tell Stories! In a Million Ways!

Web 2.0 tools give use a multitude of ways to reach students with the love of reading and writing. Thanks to the Remote Access blog, I just learned about another excellent resource that you should take a look at for some terrific ideas.

The resource is a site posted by Penguin Books called "We Tell Stories." This site posted six stories, written by six different authors, using six different digital formats to engage you, the reader. Was I ever engaged! Take a look! Who could fail to be engaged in at least one of these formats?

My personal favorite is "The 21 Steps" which uses Google maps mashups to tell the story. I couldn't stop reading and following along! I went to London once, and it was such fun to recognize places I had seen.

Kudos to Penguin Books and these six authors for giving us such great ideas! Wouldn't it be fun to have students write and tell a story using Google maps? Or how about the design of the graphic story, "Hard Times?"

Have I engaged you yet? Quick - click and lose yourself in a story!
We Tell Stories

No comments: